In the Name of Allah (God), the Beneficent, the Merciful
Dear Educators, Parents, and Concerned Citizens;
I hope this letter finds you in the best of health and spirit.
On August 4-6th, 2011, the Nation of Islam’s Ministry of Education and Muhammad University of Islam will host its 4th Annual Education Challenge Conference. The conference is the continuation of the call and challenge the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan placed before the educators to design a “New Educational Paradigm” as the old paradigm has failed to provide us with the tools needed to be successful in the current world.
The world faces terrible times, Banks and financiers have taken over universities and have determined how they will teach economics, the masses are questioning the purpose of and need for higher education, and problems are still plaguing the cities of America resulting in alarming drop out rates and social ills that have heightened the challenges facing schools. We strongly encourage ALL educators and people concerned about the problems plaguing our communities to join us this summer to design plans to better meet the educational challenges that lie ahead. At this year’s conference, the theme is once again: “Developing a Nation of Readers” and we will have refreshing workshops and presentations from some of the most effective educators in the country.
We will focus on several areas presenting challenges to our community, such as:
- Addressing the literacy issue - How do we eliminate illiteracy in our communities?
- Improving every child’s ability to learn and be an independent learner – Introducing the Study Technology.
- Developing and promoting a “New Curriculum” that teaches our true history while ensuring our students are internationally competitive in math and science.
- Roundtable and Dialogue Discussion on the importance of Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU’s)
- Celebrating the “Year of the Farm”, with classes on Urban Agriculture and Sustainability.
To register for the conference please visit www.TheEducationalChallenge.com or email us at email@example.com .
Dr. Larry Muhammad