According to news report, on March 23 President Barack Obama responded to a reporter's question at the White House regarding the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. The President said:
"I can only imagine what these parents are going through and when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local, to figure out how this tragedy happened. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. All of us have to do some soul-searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that we examine the laws and the context for what happened as well as the specifics of the incident."
As a person who heavily criticized Pres. Obama for not speaking out on the execution of Troy Davis, I would like to personally thank him for at least saying this about this horrendous death of Trayvon Martin.
- Jasiri X releases new 'TRAYVON' song: "The message is only White lives are protected in America"
- What?! A White Neighborhood Watch Killer of Unarmed #Trayvon Martin Still Free!
- Trayvon Martin: What is Black life worth in America?
- The Trayvon Martin Case: Audio of 911 Calls Released by the Sanford Police Department! Horrific!
- Killing of Black teen, Trayvon Martin sparks outcry, national mobilization. Where is George Zimmerman?
I Am Trayvon Martin!