The 2013 New Year’s partying is over. Well partying never started for people like me. I spent the night of December 31 at home in reflection, outlining my game plan and putting in work on projects.
And oh yeah, I heard plenty of gunfire outside and caught up on Martin re-runs. May sound boring to you, but it was a lot of fun to me. (Smile)
Let’s get down to business. You’re excited about a fresh 365 days to take it to the next level, right? Of course! I am also. However, just talking about resolutions without the resolve to do it, won’t cut it.
Here are 5.5 reasons why 2013 will be your year to achieve ALL of your goals:
1) You’ve already filed your divorce papers from procrastination and laziness.
2) You’re ready to sacrifice sleep and frivolous activities when necessary to get things done and get ahead. Motivational speaker Eric Thomas says, “Sleep Is The New Broke.”
3) You have the heart not to quit or let your goals drift by the wayside when obstacles arrive. Take the fork in the road and eat with it. No Retreat!
4) You’re reducing your “BUT” size. No excuses allowed when your purpose is clear.
5) You’re making your works congruent with your words. Walking-The-Talk. And a little less talk, to get a little more results. Be about it!
5.5) You will have a lot of fun doing it. If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right. (smile)
(You’re welcome to follow Brother Jesse Muhammad on Twitter @BrotherJesse)
P.S.—Download these three motivational mixtapes and add them to your I-pod rotation. Trust me! I have much respect for the messages of Dee-1, Eric “ET” Thomas and Akilah Nehanda.
"The Focus Tape" by Dee-1
"The Best Part" by Akilah Nehanda
"Heart of Detroit" by Eric Thomas